Florida Wrongful Death Attorneys
Justice in the Name of Lost Loved Ones
When you lose a loved one to a third party’s negligence, you should allow yourself the time to grieve and come to terms with what happened. You should also consider how you can seek justice in their name through a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
Gunn Law Group, P.A. in Tampa can assist you with your wrongful death claim from the beginning to its conclusion. With us acting on your behalf, investigating available evidence, and interacting with responding insurance companies, you can focus on yourself and your family. Where we show you compassion and moral support, we show tenacity and aggression to insurance companies that would try to minimize the impact of your loved one’s untimely passing.
Call (813) 993-1448 to put reliable legal professionals on your side during this difficult time.
Wrongful Death Claim Damages
The emotional and financial impacts caused by the unexpected death of a loved are often significant and debilitating. A wrongful death claim is meant to help restore the finances of the deceased person’s surviving family members and loved ones by seeking both economic and noneconomic damages.
Economic damages we may be able to secure for you include:
- Medical expenses related to injuries or illnesses suffered by the deceased person due to the mistakes of the liable party.
- Funeral and burial expenses paid by the surviving family members to honor the memory of the deceased.
- Total value of the support and services that the deceased had regularly given to their family, such as average weekly wages.
- Cost of financial benefits earned or held by the deceased person, such as retirement or investment plans gained through employment.
Noneconomic damages we can cite in your wrongful death claim could include:
- Emotional harm caused by the loss of companionship, support, guidance, and/or consortium provided by the deceased to family members.
- Severe grief suffered if you are a parent who lost a young child.
It is important to know that some damages can be paid to the claimants who filed the wrongful death claim and others will be paid to the estate of the deceased. With our Florida wrongful death lawyers managing your claim, you can rest assured that we will calculate the damages to reflect the maximum amount allowable.
People Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim
Florida requires wrongful death claims to be filed within two years from the date the deceased lost their life. Furthermore, only a representative of the deceased person’s estate can file a wrongful death claim. Even if there is no
Dial (813) 993-1448 at your first opportunity to begin your claim.
“I would recommend the Gunn law group to anyone that needs a lawyer.”- Diesel A.
“You will get stellar representation, with attention to detail. The attorneys truly understand the intricacies of personal injury and bad faith litigation.”- David W.
“Excellent legal skills that prove a rich, deep understanding of the fundamentals of Bad Faith law.”- Past Partner